The Federal government requires educational institution to produce “Effort Reports” for all faculty members who charge time to a federally sponsored project. All faculty members working on sponsored agreements are personally responsible to certify the amount of effort that they and their employees spent on sponsored activities.
The Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Circular A-21 sets forth criteria for acceptable methods of charging salaries and wages to federally sponsored projects so the solution must adhere to federal regulations.
- Ability to setup points program with $ value translation
- Ability to add/edit goals at department/ employee /company level
- Ability to redeem points with selected items list in the inventory, workflow approval for custom orders or ordering items from external approved shopping websites.
- Ability to generate email notifications for changes in the program/ updated points level
- Integrated with employee central and payroll
- Ability to charge back cost to a departmental cost center
- Works on all devices
- Lack of a solution providing the ability for faculty members to easily confirm, generate and approve effort reports.
- Solution must adhere to regulations established in OMB Circular A-21.
- Ability for the solution to seamlessly integrate with payroll system
- Ability to assign designees to verify effort reports
- Documentation on how individuals spend time on federally sponsored projects is subject to federal audit and if not compliant, institutions have been fined very heavily
- Educational Institutions
- Research Centres
Line of Business
- Faculty members